Coconut kefir is a delicious and fizzy probiotic beverage full of enzymes, vitamins and minerals. It’s very easy to make and provides countless benefits, such as increasing energy and improving immune function. Non-dairy kefir is easy to digest, low in calories, low in sugar and fat free. Give it a try!
Ingredients and Essentials
1 box of young Thai coconuts
2 capsules of Mega Flora Plus or 1/2 packet of Body Ecology Culture Starter
Dehydrator or dark warm place
Silicone or Wooden Spatula (do not use metal)
Several glass jars
1. Open the coconuts and drain the water into a large bowl, passing it through a collander to prevent hard coconut pieces from getting into your kefir.
2. Add your probiotics and mix thoroughly with the spatula. It helps to have your coconut water at room temperate for this.
3. Place the mixture into glass jars and seal with a top or cheesecloth closed with a string.
4. Let your jars sit in the dehydrator for 48 hours at 95 degrees. If you don’t have a dehydrator, find a warm dark place in your kitchen. I’ve even heard that some people use a crockpot.
5. Turn the jars upside down a few times (just for a few seconds) over the course of two days to allow the cultures to move and blend with the coconut water.
6. When the kefir is ready the liquid looks cloudy white. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.